My Reading List
Reading is a habit that I've always admired about others, but something that I frequently lack the discipline to do. For me it seems to be about momentum, and this list is my attempt to steer that momentum in hopes that it keeps going.
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Domain-Driven Design - Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans
- Rest - Why You Get More Done When You Work Less by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
How I Read
I'm open to suggestions! If you've really enjoyed a book in the past, feel free to send me a recommendation.
I used to try to read at night on my iPhone when I couldn't sleep but I found that it had a pretty significant impact on the quality of my sleep and that I'd often get distracted by a push notification or another app. These days I'm reading on a Kobo eReader. I find that the display is much easier on my eyes, and since it's just an eReader I'm not tempted to drift off into Twitter or Reddit.